850 Hartman Dr, Unit 104
Midland, ON L4R 0B6
01 Feb 2024
Last Full Update:
23 Jan 2023
Location, Telephone & Internet
|705-792-5033, press 1, Booking Line and Information; Self Serve Line: 705-737-6949 (Use once registered to confirm bookings and make cancellations)
|Located In Community
70 Collier St
Canada L4M 1G8
|Mulcaster St and Collier St
|PO Box 400
Canada L4M 4T5
Description & Services
|Specialized Transit is a door to door shared public transportation service intended for persons unable to use Barrie Transit's conventional fixed route system due to a disability.
- available on an unconditional (permanent), temporary or conditional basis, depending on the user's eligibility
- application process required
- parallel service hours and fares apply
|Office Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 am-5:30 pm, Sat-Sun 9 am-5 pm
Transportation Hours: Mon-Fri 4:15 am-12:30 am, Sat 6:45 am-12:30 am, Sun 8:30 am-10:30 pm
- For persons unable to use Barrie Transit's Conventional accessible fixed route system due to a disability.
- Eligibility is considered on a case by case basis and is not based on a particular disability, age, income, or lack of available public transit stops in an applicant's area
- To obtain an application form go to the website link provided in this listing or call 705-726-4242 or pick up at Bus Terminal or City Hall, 70 Collier St 1st Floor
- Application form needs to be completed and submitted to City, part B of the application must be completed by a health care professional
- Application will be reviewed within 14 calendar days of receipt
- Approval/denial will be sent out by mail
- Once registered, trips must be booked (up to 7 days in advance) by calling the Booking line at 705-792-5033, press 1 or Self-Serve line for trip confirmations and cancellations (available 24 hours) at 705-739-6949
|Service - Barrie Transit fare rates apply
Community Reach holds the intellectual property rights for the information in this printout. You may use this information for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only. You must credit Community Reach as the source on each copy of this information.
Every effort is made to ensure that the information in this listing is accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive. However, Community Reach does not assume liability resulting from errors or omissions.