||Behavioural services for individuals who have a developmental disability with a significant cognitive delay (dual diagnosis).
Fully funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services through a service agreement with Mackenzie Health. Resource services provided through educational workshops and lectures
- service delivery is matched to need and may be provided through individual and/or group support
- following a behaviour assessment, a behaviour support plan is created that includes prevention, skill building and intervention strategies
- specific skills are taught with goal of replacing the challenging behaviour
- mediators (i.e., family, group home staff, etc.) learn to implement behaviour support plan and data is collected to measure progress
- assessment and treatment strategies are based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
Presentations in Autism, Criminal Justice, FASD, Healthy Sexuality and Behaviour are offered
||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm, service may be provided in the evening
||Children and adults with a Developmental Disability and a significant Cognitive Delay who exhibit challenging behaviour that is interfering with their ability to participate in daily living activities. Residents of York Region and Simcoe County.
||Adults: contact Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) 1-855-277-2121
Children: Simcoe County residents contact 705-728-9143 or 1-888-577-6955. York Region residents contact 905-773-2362 or 1-888-557-5550
||English ; French - Reception, Interpretation