|ILS assists adults with permanent physical disabilities and seniors with activities of daily living such as bathing, transferring, meal preparation, and household routines:
PERSONAL SUPPORT SERVICES
- This service is prescheduled and available from 6 am to 12 am, 7 days a week as determined by the client's assessed needs.
- The level of service for this program is determined by an assessment.
- The service plan is developed with consideration of the client's preferences and available resources.
- Services are available at home, place of employment, or school.
Independent Living Services Simcoe County is a member of the Simcoe Muskoka Integrated Fall Strategy (SMIFS).
- An annual service plan agreement which is developed with consideration of the client's preferences and available resources. In some cases, service levels will be assessed and reviewed as needed.
- Clients must be able to direct their care and have a backup plan in place.
|Program Hours vary
- 16 years of age or older
- permanent residents of Ontario
- are insured under the Health Insurance Act of Ontario
- are able to direct own care
- permanent disability requiring physical assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, transferring and toileting (disability must impair the use of limbs/muscles)
- medical and professional needs must be able to be met by existing community health network on a visitation basis
- medical conditions and mobility issues due to aging process are not considered to be a permanent physical disability
|Self Referrals are encouraged
- for questions regarding the application process call the Service Coordinator at 705-817-8300, or our main office at 705-737-3263, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- prior to receiving services, the individual must sign a Service Agreement which outlines the services that will be offered and the conditions in which they will be offered
|None - No fee for Personal Support or Assisted Living Services to eligible applicants