Service: Reopening Ontario
|Record #: BAR2108||Last Modified: 23 Nov 2020||Last Full Update: 15 May 2020|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Located In Community||Barrie|
|Description & Services|
* Five levels (zones) of public health measures are designed to contain the spread of the virus and protect the most vulnerable members of the community
* each Public Health Unit area of Ontario is classified into a particular zone depending on COVID-19 case numbers and spread, testing volumes and results and hospitalizations due to COVID-19
* reopening led by the Chief Medical Officer of Health and the Ontario Jobs and Recovery Committee who will monitor progress and identify when a change in direction is required
* each stage of reopening will last for approximately two-to-four-week periods to allow for close monitoring of any impacts or potential resurgence of cases
* ongoing, gradual assessment of public health measures will continue until the post- pandemic period when a vaccine or treatment for COVID‑19 is available, this staged approach reflects Ontario’s “new normal"
* s public health measures are lifted and as economic activity resumes, the public will need to continue to maintain physical distancing and hand washing, along with self-isolation when experiencing COVID‑19 symptoms
* remote work arrangements should continue where feasible
Opening of Schools
* see Guide to Reopening Ontario's Schools
* Steps to Justice has new information for parents trying to decide whether their child should attend in-class learning or remote learning, or be homeschooled, see Does my child have to attend school in 2020-2021 during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Opening of Businesses
Stage 3 Reopening - starting July 17, 2020, see website for details
* see Nearly All Businesses and Public Spaces to Reopen in Stage 3, July 13, 2020
* What Can Open in Stage 3?
Stage 2 Reopening - starting June 12, 2020, see website for details
* see Ontario Permits More Businesses and Services to Reopen in the Coming Days, June 8, 2020
* What Can Open in Stage 2?
Stage 1 Reopening - starting May 19, 2020, see website for details
* see Ontario Announces Additional Workplaces that Can Reopen, May 14, 2020
*What Can Open in Stage 1?
Making Workplaces Safe
* the government, in partnership with Ontario’s Health and Safety Associations and based on input from public health officials, will provide guidelines to employers in multiple sectors on how to open safely and protect their employees and customers, see Resources to Prevent COVID-19 in the Workplace
* Ontario has added more workplace inspectors and specialists to ensure workers continue to be protected on the job during the pandemic, including adding close to 60 new frontline officials to support employers and workers in the field
* the capacity of Ontario’s Health and Safety Call Centre has also been doubled, workers who are worried their workplaces are unsafe can phone 1-877-202-0008
Workplace PPE Supplier Directory
* an up-to-date list of Ontario companies and business associations that can supply personal protective equipment
Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
* see COVID-19 Reopening Your Business Safely
City of Barrie
* see City of Barrie COVID-19 Updates for current information
Public Health Ontario
* COVID-19 Fact Sheets provide information on a variety of topics, including wearing of masks for non-health care workers and cleaning and disinfecting of public settings
|Application||Call or visit websites for information|
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|