||Provides older adults (55+) in Ontario with an opportunity to:
- increase their social interaction with others,
- increase their physical and mental well-being,
- maintain and enhance their psychological and physiological well-being through participation in recreational activities and sports.
- enhance the opportunity for seniors to expand and develop their social interaction,
- provide an environment that stimulates physical activity,
- provide an environment conducive to mental development,
- increase participation in recreational activities, and
- facilitate more cooperation and communication between older adult groups within the Province of Ontario.
- ensure that activities are conducive to an environment for social interaction;
- have appropriate recreational and sports activities so that the older adult is able to meet new people and establish new relationships;
- encourage social activities in the form of banquets, luncheons, dinners, dances and more that will stimulate social interaction;
- establish an environment that reflects current trends in sport, fitness, and cultural and artistic activities;
- promote any innovative physical activity for the older adult through appropriate administrative governing bodies in fitness and sport;
- promote improved fitness levels;
- promote activities that reflect the current needs of the older adult in relation to their mental well-being;
- demonstrate that older adults can remain active;
- encourage increased participation on an ongoing basis; and
- promote active living among older adults in Ontario.