War Amps (The)
Service: National Headquarters
|Record #: OCR1624||Last Modified: 18 Jun 2020||Last Full Update: 20 Jun 2019|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-465-2677
CHAMP Program 1-800-267-4023
Key Tags 1-800-250-3030
National Amputee Centre 1-877-612-2472
PLAYSAFE / DRIVESAFE Programs 1-800-267-7487
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Intersection||Riverside Dr and Hog's Back Rd|
|Primary Executive||Dave Saundeers, Chief Operating Officer; Phone: 416-412-0600; Fax: 1-800-219-8988; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Danita Chisholm, Executive Director of Communications\CHAMP; Phone: 613-731-3821; Email: email@example.com|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||Organization that offers help to amputees of all ages, through its programs
Main programs and services:
* Key Tag and Address Label Service: Key tags and Address Labels are mailed to Canadians once a year but are available for order at any time. The sheltered workshop where the key tags are made also provides employment for Canadian amputees and people with disabilities.
* Child Amputee (CHAMP) Program: Offers comprehensive services to child amputees and their families, including financial assistance, regional seminars and peer support.
** National Amputee Centre (NAC): Educates amputees and their families about all aspects of amputation, as well as works closely with prosthetic and orthotic centres, manufacturers and the prosthetic industry in general to keep apprised of the latest developments in amputee care.
* Advocacy: Educates amputees on their rights and helps them access important financial and health-care benefits
* PLAYSAFE / DRIVESAFE Programs: Kids-to-kids approach to safety awareness where, through parades, public service messages and videos, CHAMP youngsters become Safety Ambassadors
* Adult Amputee Program: Provides adult amputees with financial assistance towards the cost of artificial limbs and a wealth of information about life as an amputee.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Application||Call to access programs or services and to obtain forms|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|