Communication Facilitators/Group Conversation Volunteers
(March of Dimes Canada, Peterborough, Aphasia and Communication Disabilities Program)
|Contact||Maryam Iqbal, Aphasia and Communication Disabilities Program Volunteer Coordinator, March of Dimes Canada; Phone: Toll Free (Business) 1-800-567-0315 ext 6266; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||Compassionate adults needed for group consultations |
* Do you have a few hours a week to have meaningful conversations in a fun, lively atmosphere?
* Volunteers provide support to adults with communication difficulties by participating in group conversation sessions about current events, music, food, art and much more.
|More Info Link||www.marchofdimes.ca/acdp|
|Benefits||* A unique and rewarding experience |
* Opportunity to chat, smile and laugh
* A chance to meet new and diverse friends
* Regular training workshops on a variety of topics
* Reference Letters
|Clients||* This community agency specializes in group programs for adults with aphasia and other communication disabilities due to stroke, brain injury or brain illness. |
* Our clients experience difficulties in the areas of speaking, understanding, reading, and writing.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Persons with a hearing impairment ; Persons with a physical disability ; Persons with a visual impairment ; Men ; Women ; Individuals|
|Areas of Interest||Friend / Penpal ; Social Interaction ; Support Group Facilitation|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Listening Skills ; * Comfortable with group interaction. |
* Interest in having conversations over a wide range of topics.
* A willingness to learn and share.
|Interaction Level||* Mostly group interaction occur with 3-5 adults |
* One-on-one interaction possible.
|Minimum Hours||3 / Week|
|Dates and Times||Thursday: Morning, Afternoon (9 am - 12:30 pm and 1 pm - 3:30 pm)|
|Location||Northminster United Church, 300 Sunset Boulevard Peterborough, ON K9H 5L3|
|Number of Positions||Peterborough: 5 individual(s) |
5 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Training is provided ; Two sessions of training provided per year. Shadowing trainee for first 4-6 weeks. Therapists are on hand at all times to provide support and assistance as required.|
|Cost||* No cost to the volunteer. |
* Cost of Vulnerable Sector Screening is reimbursed.
|[ Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||March of Dimes Canada, Peterborough, Aphasia and Communication Disabilities Program|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-567-0315 x 6272|
|Address & Map|
Northminster United Church
300 Sunset Blvd
Peterborough, ON K9H 5L3
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||c/o Aphasia and Communication Disabilities Program |
March of Dimes Canada
13311 Yonge St, Suite 202
Richmond Hill, ON L4E 3L6