Service: Urban Indigenous Outreach
|Record #: MID1364||Last Modified: 05 Nov 2020||Last Full Update: 29 Jun 2020|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Located In Community||Midland|
|Address||175 Yonge St
Midland, ON L4R 2A7
|Intersection||Yonge St and William St|
|Primary Contact||Nickee Wakelin, Urban Indigenous Outreach Program Coordinator, Georgian Bay Native Friendship Centre; Phone: 705-526-5589 ext 227; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Phone: ext 238|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||The Homelessness Initiative seeks to:
* ensure that homeless people and those at risk of homelessness are provided longer-term housing solutions, shelter and support and prevention services.
* increase strategic engagement of partners and improved coordination and delivery of services.
* increase knowledge to support better informed policies, investment decision making and provision of services.
Assistance available to individuals includes:
* advocacy with Ontario Works, ODSP, service agencies and other sources of support
* assessment and referral to determine what the individuals situation is, what is necessary to ensure shelter and which agencies may provide suitable assistance
* a variety of assistance is available to help ensure housing is retained if it is in jeopardy of being lost, including possible financial assistance for needed services such as hydro and heating. Financial assistance is based on client need and is only accessible once.
* possible emergency shelter is available such as hotel chits.
*Food security assistance
|Hours||Mon-Thu 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Fri 8:30 am-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Simcoe North|
|Eligibility||Urban Indigenous peoples|
|Application||Call for information|
|Languages||English ; Ojibway - Programs, formal|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|